Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day

James and Comps/Andies in the background.
This Mothers Day was a great one!  I can't deny it. At BYU Womens Conference with my Sister-in-law I met up with a cute girl my Missionary James is writing.  We worked it out, well she and her mother really worked it out to come up to Logan from Las Vegas to talk with James on the Mothers Day call. A complete surprise for that young man!! A good one I will add.  Also my beautiful sister Kaisa and her husband drove from Kemmerer, WY to see Matthew and talk with James and my mother and father came up from Sandy.  We had a great visit with James, of which he totally broke the rules of 'no crying etc' on the call when he sang in Argentian Mother I Love You from the childrens songbook.  It was the prettiest thing I have ever heard!  We sang Happy Birthday to him since he will be 20 on Sunday!  No longer a teenager, but he promised never to grow up.
And my wonderful Matthew brought me yellow roses!! My favorite! and even included Josies mother with a boquet of her own.  He is such a sweet man!  How did I end up with two men who are so thoughtful and wonderful?  It is their father!  They are who they are because of his example.  Who he learned from his father.  It touches my heart deeply.
I am grateful for my mother, whom I look so much like.  It does irritate me, yet she is my mother who gave me life, taught and cared for me.  Times were not easy for her I am sure, but we always knew she loved us.  And still does. 
Womens Conference was a completely great time and proved yet again how much our Father in Heaven knows us, loves us and watches over us constantly.  The spirit was strong, lessons wonderful and the beauty of the sisterhood of the church still amazes me.  Also the weekend proved tome how COMPLETLY out of shape I am!!! They 'old' ladies were out walking and stairing me.  I was gasping for air!! Totally embarrassed I might add.  Enough to work out?  Well that remains to be seen..... ;)  I also spent time with his friend Josie and her mother.  They are great people and I am glad of the support they have given James.  He has a great support system.  It says much for the caliber of person he is.
I also need to say that even though motherhood is the HARDEST job ever...it is the very best job ever and I am so happy to be the mother of four beautiful children!! I love them with every bit of heart and soul!!! Te amo!