Thursday, August 16, 2012

Beginning anew

So the time hasn't compltely passed by me. . . . It is half way through August 2012. 

As a couple Dana and I are starting a new path.  After two years he was finally declared disabled for Social Security.  We knew there was stress, but now that it is over we are continually becoming aware of just how stressfull.  He is so much more relaxed and calm, not on edge.  As it comes on slowly you just don't realize. So we can maybe actually look at homes or decide what we want to do.  However as my job is here in Logan, which has our insurance, we are most likely staying here.  At least until I finish my degree in July 2013.  In my heart I want to be by th grandbaby, which is a girl Anabel.  Her arrival could be anytime....September 23rd is the Dr. guess.  But they will not stay in Prescott, AZ forever, and for us to retire would be great! But the job issue is very difficult when you are out of state. Questions, questions.

I had a third hip surgery June 20, 2012. Another five hour surgery. Dr. Peters gave me a 25% sucess rate, but after his work I walked out with 100%!! For that I am so very grateful. The socket was replaced, a titanium plate put in with additional cadaver bone, 8 screws, a bone spur cut and readjusted, and a rogue broken drill bit left in my femur. I am on crutches still for another 2 and half weeks and then maybe a cane until I don't limp. How wonderful technology and medicine is these days!

I have a new position at work.  I am not really pleased with how it came about, and how I have been treated, but it is a job.  And the benefits are really good.

Matthew and Amy are so happy.  It is such a joy to speak with them and hear how happy and excited they are about everything!  Little Anabel couldn't have chosen a better home. 

Melissa is doing well.  Watching her movies and listening to music.  I would like to find her something.  Maybe after the economy picks up??

James has been home for nine months.  He is such a great kid.  He has finally found a pretty good job.  And aken the math refresher at Bridgerland.  So he will be able to hopefully get into his fabrication program by December.  Until then work.  As for women....he dates a lot.  Which is good. He is very uncertain about getting serious, the Dear John situation hit hard I think.  But when it is time and right all will be well.

Whitney is going to start school this fall.  We will see how she likes it.  She is a great kid and kinda lost right now.  But I am hopefully confident that she will be able to decide what she wants and go for it.  Maybe without hurt, but as I have learned they all learn differently and in their own time.  She is a beautiful young woman though. 

So I eagerly look forward to the future.  Hoping and praying for continued health, mental strength, strong spirit, and gratitude in my heart!