Sunday, July 25, 2010

Happy July 24th!!

For those who aren't in Utah - July 24th is celebrated by the whole state!  It is when the poineers, weary and sick from the long crossing of the United States FOUND their place of solace.  I can't imagine the joy that brought.  Yet their trials really were just beginning anew.  So much has gone into the spreading of this GOSPEL, the good news.   I look back at the knowledge I have of their lives and of course the history of the church and marvel that such faith and dedication had such humble beginnings and has grown to a world wide church!  God bless those who gave all...  The best part of the parade? THe local missionaries coming along singing 'Onward Christian Soldiers'
With our neighborhood 'corner of fire' I thought of James the whole time as last year, he helped set them off!  He would;ve loved this year..
We have had a terrific weekend and it has been a blessing tom e who had the week from hell. Yes hell.  We went to the Farmers Market, had breakfast from the Lions Club, watched a parade for the 24th and listened to a 'family band' Three brothers - lots of budding talent there.  And we wandered through the local little zoo.
Today I will have the opportunity to sing in the church choir about our 'blessed, honored Pioneers' and then teach my boys in Primary!  I wondered about an all boy class, exception of two girls...one moved and one rarely makes it.. Today? David and Goliath!!! I wanted to make sling shots, Dana adamantly said no.. :(  Whatever, but it will be great! 

It is a beautiful day and I love the quiet and cool  of this valley.  I truly hope that all things work to keep us here.  I will not go into my fears! As I worry about too much...  imagine that? haha 

In a few short weeks we will add to our family with a boarder of sorts, a beautiful young lady from Las Vegas is going to come live with us!  She will attend school and continue to wait for James.  What a blessing she is in his life.  I can't imagine the feelings he must have for her...hopefully much like mine for my honey!   Only 15 months will prove it, wow how fast 9 moths have gone. Most likely not for him... and then I realized that the poor kid will come from winter there to winter here... Bummer for him.  But the snow? BEAUTIFUL!!