This morning as I sit here at work I am reflecting on this past weeks events. The biggest being I sent my third born on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. What a wonderful yet bittersweet day that was. He has worked so hard just to go. Since April 2009 he has lost 70 pounds! He was over the limit for his height by 50; yet he went the extra 20. There were so many times that he could've just decided not to go. Some leaders weren't that supportive to him, working out is difficult, watching everything you eat and the list goes on. But as I watched him and we prepared his stuff to go a wonderful thing happened to our family. His actions of rising to the occasion boosted us to rise to the occasion. Not that we're hethens per se', just meeting the bar as he did. We have gained an understanding of how important God is in our lives and how much he knows about us, our needs and desires. He knows our names. As mind boggling as that is, we found this to be true. On the night of him being set apart he was blessed with so many wonderful things, strengths that will get him through the tough times. We were all comforted that night, as our hearts and minds were filled with love for our maker. And of course for my son!! He will be laboring in the Cordoba, Argentina mission. At first I was very worried about him going to a third world country. As any mother would be I think; yet those are the people he will love and teach. I know this. As I watched him over the past four months to prepare ~ he is ready to serve them, learn the language and teach how much our Heavenly Father loves them.
So as I contemplate this past week I am happy, comforted and content.
Now that my focus is nolonger on moving, mission preparations or finding a job, I am at a loss as to where to focus my energy. Don't get me wrong there is plenty of projects and things to be done, but don't you find the 'mood has to strike'? ? So where the mood will take me is unknown right now, but I am sure it won't take long for something to grab me!


